7900 Euclid-Chardon Road, Kirtland
ANNUAL RECREATION EVENTS
KIRTLAND YOUTH SPORTS LEAGUES
Within the City of Kirtland there are four youth sports leagues. These leagues are run and managed by independent boards for each sport and include softball/baseball, basketball, football/cheerleading, and soccer. The City of Kirtland is responsible for the operation of the fields at Recreation Park and the Community Center. The City maintains the fields and makes improvements to these facilities so that playing quality is sufficient.
For specific questions and registration of all sports, visit the Kirtland Youth Sports link at www.kirtlandyouthsports.com.
Co-Ed Adult Open Gym –cancelled
Are you looking to get on the basketball court for some non-competitive fun? This is the place! Get off the couch and get on the court! The Community Center offers co-ed, adult open gyms for basketball. This is a drop-in activity and registration is not required. Participants are asked to bring a light and a dark shirt for play. Special shoes are not required.
- Mondays 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. FREE
- Runs Monday after Labor Day to Monday before Memorial Day
- Cancelled – day before Election Day, Veteran’s Day, and President’s Day
- For Adults 30 and over
- Held at Kirtland Community Center
- Contact KCC for more information
Family Martial Arts — Cancelled
Study the martial arts history of Korea comprised of Asian fighting arts, body conditioning techniques, traditional weapons training, and mental development. Class includes rolling and acrobatics, meditation, hand/foot striking and blocking, forms training, and self-defense. Students can work towards earning a belt and promotions after joining the World Kuk Sool Association. Instructor: David Pritts, Second Degree black belt, student of Kuk Sool Won.
- Mondays 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- For ages 5 through adult
- Cost: $75 per session for adults, $50 per session for kids 8 & under, $15 drop-in
- Held at Kirtland Community Center
- Contact KCC for current session dates
Kirtland Yoga with Amy Alexy–Cancelled
- Join Amy for yoga, self-care, and release! Students mindfully link breath to the poses, creating a meditation in movement.
- Class is idea for all levels, with modifications provided.
- Amy Alexy is a 500-hour registered yoga teacher and has been practicing yoga for over a decade.
- Classes held at the Kirtland Community Center
- cancelled–Thursday evenings from 6:15-7:30 Feb. 27 – April 9.
- cancelled–Monday evenings from 6:15-7:30 April 13 – June 1.
- $84 per session or $15 per class drop-in
Registration is taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Fees are required at time of registration. To sign up for a class, complete the registration form and return it to the Kirtland Community Center (7900 Euclid-Chardon Road) with full payment. Registration may be mailed in or dropped off. An after-hours deposit box is located outside of the front door to collect registration and payment when the office is closed. Participants are considered enrolled when payment has been received. Class prices are not prorated.
Make checks payable to: The City of Kirtland.
Download the Registration Form
In case of class cancellation, participants are notified and mailed a full refund in the form of a check. There are no cash refunds. Refunds take approximately 2-3 weeks to process. Refunds are issued only when the Recreation Department cancels the program. Participants assume the risk of changes in personal affairs or health and refunds are not granted when the participant cancels. The Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel classes due to low enrollment and/or unforeseen circumstances.
SHARE YOUR TALENTS – TEACH A CLASS!
The Community Center is continually looking for people like you to teach classes or chaperone activities that are offered to the community. Whatever your talent, skill, or knowledge is, contact the office to discuss your ideas and set up your activity!
The City will not be offering reduced pool pass pricing with the City of Willoughby in 2021.
For current information regarding pool access and passes, please contact the city of Willoughby: 440-953-4200.
We value your input. If you have a suggestion for a class or other recreation activity, please let us know. We look forward to hearing from you!
E-mail a Suggestion