Severe overnight storms caused significant damage throughout our service territories. Line crews, engineers and supervision are assessing the damage. At this time we are not able to provide an estimated restoral date / time, but we do know that complete restoration efforts will take several days. We anticipate having a better understanding of estimated restoration times mid-afternoon as we continue to assess the storm damage.
We are focusing attention on the nearly 900 hazard wire down calls. This number continues to grow as people get outdoors. Clearing these hazards is our priority. Please treat all downed wires as live and dangerous.
• Please treat all downed wires as live and dangerous
• CEI currently has 112,000 customers out of power down from a peak of 154,000 outages
• We continue to assess the severe damage and anticipate having an estimated date of restoration available mid-afternoon. We do know complete restoration will take several days.
• All crews are working 16 hour shifts with eight hours rest and will continue doing so until all power is restored. Crews from our sister companies and contractors have been called upon to assist.
• It is important that customers call CEI to report their power outage: 1-888-LIGHTSS (544-4877)
The following power restoration information plus more may be found at https://firstenergycorp.com/outages_help.html