Beginning the week of April 5, the Kirtland Service Department will collect brush throughout the city. The program is intended to assist residents with the spring clean-up of branches and twigs that have come down from the inclement winter weather. The program is NOT intended to assist with clearing a parcel or substantially clearing trees on a parcel. Weather permitting, City trucks will pass only one time through each ward, so please have your brush and tree limbs out by the start date listed for your ward.
2021 Spring Brush Collection Schedule
Ward 3: Week of April 5
Ward 2: Week of April 12
Ward 1: Week of April 19
Ward 4: Week of April 26
Requirements for Brush Pick-up
- Brush should be placed at the edge of the road and not in the drainage ditches.
- Brush should not exceed three inches in diameter or a maximum of four feet in length.
- Brush bundles should not exceed 30 pounds and should be set out in an organized manner.
- Bundling with twine is preferred to promote efficiency and safety.
- The entire brush pile should not exceed 10 feet in width.
- Unacceptable items include stumps, shrubs, leaves or ornamental grass, and Christmas trees.
- No brush piles will be picked up if these requirements are not met.
Contact the Kirtland Service Department at 440-256-1234 if you have any questions.