City of Kirtland Trick or Treat is scheduled for Saturday, October 31st from 6 pm – 8pm. For those that would like to participate, please put your porch light on during this time. This event is rain or shine.
Recommended COVID-19 Best Practices for Trick or Treating
If you are planning to distribute Halloween treats this year, please consider the following recommendations:
- Refrain from distributing treats if you have an underlying health condition, a compromised immune system, or are displaying any signs of the coronavirus infection (fever, cough, congestion, difficulty breathing, fatigue, achiness, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, headache, loss of taste or smell)
- Wear a facial mask at all times (scary is optional!)
- Leaving single bowls filled with treats out for trick or treaters is discouraged, consider placing individual “treat bags” out instead.
- If you are handing out treats, wear disposable gloves and watch for children approaching your home so they do not have to touch the doorbell
- Avoid distributing home-made treats
If you or your children are trick-or-treating, please consider the following recommendations:
- Stay home if you have an underlying health condition, a compromised immune system, or are displaying any signs of the coronavirus infection.
- Avoid close proximity to other children who are not in your immediate household or a common association.
- Refuse treats from those distributing treats directly without gloves or a mask.
- Avoid “bunching up” of children by waiting your turn to approach homes and maintaining social distance between other groups of children.
- Utilize hand sanitizer at regular intervals while trick or treating.
- Consider sanitizing unopened, sealed treats with a sanitary wipe or safe aerosol sanitizer at the conclusion of the event.
- Dispose of any opened treats immediately.